Tuesday, March 27, 2007

THIS, or THIS?

We've been scrambling to come up with an exterior paint scheme, just in case VA requires the house to be painted. I don't want to have it painted & then get there and have to strip it all off again before I paint. So a general direction sort of thing would be nice, in case they need to put up 1 or 2 colors. We do plan on eventually going with a 5-color scheme, but are still working that out. So for now, here are the candidates:

my favorites, from Olympic(Lowes)


R's favorites, also from Olympic, and Laura Ashley Home(Lowes) oop, sorry about the rotation!

And remember, this is all in addition to the gray asphalt roof and red brick. Please tell us which one you like better!

6 comments:

Dulcie said...

Those are lovely color schemes and very fitting for an arts & crafts home. I think I'm leaning towards your favorite color scheme (the top one), but probably because I'm going dark olive for my own bungalow! (At least, I think I am.) I'd love to see more pictures. :) Have fun with your new home.

sarah said...

thanks, dulcie! i am an olive, earthy green person as well. mostly i just want to stay out of the realm of "scary Xmas house". i'll be posting more pics in the next few days. still have to sell R on what he calls "pea soup green"!

John said...

I like the first set best too. I hate that they may make you paint before you are ready. We are in a similar situation except the bank and our insurance company are forcing our hands. Good luck.

Poppy said...

I'm tossing my vote out there for color scheme number one as well.

Also my fingers are crossed for your inspection :)

Keestone said...

I actually like both schemes. Your pick is more earthy, R's pick is more a mix of earth and sky. I imagine that 1 would look warmer in the winter but 2 would look really cool with blue skies in the background.

Good luck on the escrow process. I think the "hoops" tend to be more like "is it structurally sound?" "Is the roof leaking? Fix it." "Is there a termite problem? If so, get it tented now." The people running things on both sides do want to get through it smoothly and end with everyone happy so nobody sues.

Cheers, Kee

sarah said...

thank you all for your good wishes!
our inspection was "interesting" but we're still holding on. kee, i agree with you on the "hoop" thing. sort of a CYA ops for everyone. and the blue skies comment is a good one, i have to picture this house in all weather, with spring flowers, christmas lights, etc. and i still can't decide whether to do light framing over dark background or vice versa!