Wednesday, March 21, 2007

"I left my siiiink, in San Francisco......"


Actually, I left it in the Buffalo area. In my in-laws garage, to be exact. Back when we thought we were going to move there, a whole other topic entirely. Which has me wondering to myself, "Self, how am I going to transport this most lovely of antique kitchen sinks from upstate NY to Utah without incurring major shipping fees?" This thing is 100 lbs. HEAVY, cast iron with that beautiful oil-slick sheen on the porcelain. Such a good deal too, Ebayed it for $10 b/c I was the only bidder. The owner took it out of his 1925 bungalow, he was nice enough to hold it for me until I could make the drive to NY and leave it with the in-laws. Who probably thought I was out of my mind, since we still didn't have a house. So I am really loth to part with the thing, after all we've been through together. Maybe I can wheedle R into driving up there to pick it up when he visits his daughter, then toting it with him next year when he joins us for good. That's a lot of wheedling to do.

2 comments:

Midwest Bicycle Company said...

That is such a gorgeous sink. Please don't get rid of it. Unless you give it to me, of course. lol

sarah said...

sorry, this baby's mine! i had to fight with R just to bid for it in the first place. Luckily the PO only lived 1hr from Buffalo, so i could justify the trip from VA.