Thursday, March 22, 2007

Holding our collective breath

We may soon be in escrow! Our offer was countered with a very slight price hike to cover the seller's butt ( he still owes quite a bit on his mortgage) but all other terms were accepted. We have a fully signed contract ready to go, and for once things are looking up! Our realtor is optimistic about the deal holding, she already had me schedule the radon/lead/home inspection for next week (pricey, eeek!). so now I just have to figure out how R is going to accept/sign his part, as he is currently on duty. Hmmm. I will just have to appeal to his command, I guess. If all else fails I can always drive to the base w/kids in tow and get his John Hancock. Time is of the essence, so I don't want to leave anything to chance. Also I really want to get escrow rolling so that I can take a slight break from the craziness. I've promised the boys that we'll take a trip to Ocracoke Island soon, to recover from all this moving madness. I need to do something mindless, like collecting shells or building sandcastles. And our boys are very keen on the whole pirate theme, so it will be a perfect escape. I just have to get through some (or a lot) of paperwork first!

No comments: