Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Another Day, Another House

Hmm. Well, this next prospect is certainly thought-provoking. It's a 1923 brick bungalow on a tiny city lot with a shared driveway, and the interior is a mixture of Craftsman details and 70's fugly. I really don't know what to feel about this house, part of me wants to try and save it, the other part thinks that its surroundings might not make it worthwhile. The seller is willing to make the necessary repairs to get us through escrow, and it is priced low enough to allow serious renovation, so we are somewhat tempted. Just to give you an idea of what I'm still trying to wrap my brain around, here's the 28th St bungalow with:
The Good

The Bad


And The UGLY!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would keep on looking for at other houses.
We have that same type of narrow driveway all to ourselves and it does not fit our cars. I can't imagine
sharing the driveway too.

The house - well - what can one say. It needs
lots of help!!!!

Julie

Dulcie said...

Wow. That house needs a lot of work! You would be a wonderful person to give it a new life, but I wouldn't want to be the one to do all the work. ;)
Bah to seventies paneling!!

Christopher Busta-Peck said...

The blue bathtub - either you love it or you hate it. Personally, I love it.