Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A New Project: Re-Upholstery

Like I really need to add to the list! The $40 thrift-store chair that I bought a few years ago to rock the babies to sleep is ready for a good facelift, and I've finally decided to tackle it. I can't really justify throwing it out and buying a new one, as the only faults are ugly tan fabric and missing buttons. And the boys love it so, it's their favorite spot to sit with us and read. Here's the chenille fabric I picked up on Ebay for it:

Hopefully the chair will soon be ready for its new Arts & Crafts home. I'll be putting it in my older son's room, since he has asked for a Grape Leaves green theme. I haven't decided on whether to do same-fabric piping or pick up a complementary shade such as gold. Also I need to look at what types of upholstery buttons to switch to, and possibly adding pleats to the front. I do love pleated upholstery in antiques, just not sure I can replicate it.

2 comments:

Rechelle said...

You go girl! Can't wait to see the finished product.

sarah said...

You've imbued me with confidence, Rechelle! Now I just have to figure out how to dissasemble this thing....Shouldn't be too hard, right?