Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Shades of Marla Singer

Wow! We've had such a lovely weekend here in Ogden. It really lifted our spirits to be able to spend so much time outside in the warm, warm sun. We took a stroll down the Ogden River Parkway for the first time this spring. The boys and I got six new roses in the ground and watched the first of our bulbs come up. Dad even came by with the kids and helped us cut down the remaining junipers. The yard looked soooo much better with them out. Spring was here, finally!
Then the wind started to pick up.

And the haze began to creep in.

By Monday morning our sky had a visible dusty tinged ring up to the mountains.

The winds got colder, and rain, then snow descended upon us once more.

Now the boys and I are cooped up inside, after hurriedly covering our bareroot plants with burlap again.

Inversion allergies are wreaking havoc, encouraged by the 25 degree temperature swing.

So now, of course, I've got the death hairball.
(Cough, Hack, Wheeze.)


Actual progress reports & new pics WILL be forthcoming, just as soon as I can talk/eat/laugh/drive/walk/stretch/___(insert routine activity) without alarming bronchial spasms and dry-heaving. Honest injun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Utah weather... i wrote a post about the same thing today (i was hoping it wasn't a microburst day)!

sarah said...

So different than when I lived here in the 90's. Sure we'd have a few freak storms, just not on a weekly basis! But I guess it's getting to be that way all over, what with global warming and everything. Between that and gas prices I am seriously motivated this year to explore my area on foot. Although I don't remember seeing anything but bodegas in walking distance of my house. At least downtown is easy access!