Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A New Method of Torture?

This was the title for a nasty-gram that I sent off to my husband's credit union today, which I've posted below. I wish I could forward it to our mortgage holder, Wells Fargo, as well. It seems that these financial institutions have decided to start sending late & overdue payment notices out a month before the payment is actually due. WTF?????? I can only speculate that they are becoming desperate in light of our country's crumbling economy. And I will do my utmost to ignore their craven attempts to add unnecessary stress and confusion to our already complicated lives. But first I'm gonna call them on their playground bully behavior.

Dear Navy Federal,
Yesterday I received what looked like an automated letter from your offices concerning my car payments which are attached to my joint account. This letter was apparently to inform me that I was overdue for not only April but also, pay attention, May's payments. That's right, you sent me a "pay us now" letter for NEXT MONTH. As in the month that comes after this one. I would appreciate it if in the future you could keep your missives of subtle threat confined to real-time. Please know that as a Navy wife, SAHM to two young children, and someone who is already having to cope with an away spouse during the economic upheaval our country is going through, I do NOT appreciate financial intimidation. I am making the payments for April today from your website, so you may rest easy on that account. Be assured that I will do my best to make timely payments as much as it is in my power to do so, and to inform you promptly in the event that I cannot. I do apologize if this letter seems overly irate, but you have strained the limits of my courtesy. Hopefully any further correspondence between our parties will be more harmonious. Respectfully,
Sarah E. Keitz

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

My auto loan is through Wells Fargo and they do this same thing. I have spent too much energy in the last year trying to resolve these harassment issues and I have reported them to BBB. If you search Wells Fargo at bbb.org you will see how many similar complaints are filed against them. It's crazy. I think it is happening in part because people allow it to happen. Everyone just accepts that this is how companies do business now...well, everyone except me.

sarah said...

I know you're right, I just hate that rudeness and greed are now synonymous with customer service. And it's only getting worse as prices continue to hike. Even going to Costco turns into misery now. Everyone snaps and pushes, no one wants to give their fellow man the time of day. I am thoroughly disgusted with "Consumerica". Where's the nearest co-op?!