Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Rough Landscape Plan

Here's what I've come up with so far. Of course, all this will be relative to the lot and house dimensions, which may be slightly different than depicted here. I know that some of the writing may be hard to read, so I'll try to clear things up with a list of the major plants that are going in. The pavers are only representative right now, still haven't decided between brick and pre-cast stone. One is more aesthetically pleasing, the other easier for kid traffic. And the drive will eventually be repaved with concrete, pigmented and scored to mimic slate tile. Also, we are considering switching out the teepee in the Kid's Garden for a wooden play/potting structure at Costco. The thing is ready to assemble and only costs $300, plus G is begging pretty heavily. I am so happy to have another plant lover that I will probably cave!
Front yard view
Rear yard view
-Rose Garden (inspired by Prairie Rose House!)
2 "Austrian Copper", rambling species; 1 "Eden", climbing tea; 1 "Sombreuil", climbing tea; 1 "Abraham Darby", English shrub; 1 "Queen Nefertiti", English shrub; 1 "Graham Stuart Thomas", English shrub; 1 "Golden Celebration", English shrub; 1 "Gertrude Jeckyll", English shrub; 1 "La Reine Victoria", Rambling bourbon; 1 "Mary Rose", English shrub; 1 "Angel Face", hybrid tea; 1 "Apothecary Rose", Gallic; 1 "Reine des Violettes", bourbon; 1 "William Shakespeare 2000", English shrub; 1 "Wise Portia", English shrub; 1 "Mme Alfred Carriere", noisette; 1 "Mme Hardy", damask; 1 "Darlow's Enigma", musk; 1 "Desiree Parmentier", gallic.
-Fruit trees in front
1 "Green Gage", European plum; 1 "Wilson Delicious", apricot.
-Fruit trees in rear
1 "Wolf River", apple; 1 "Lodi", apple; 1 "WhiteGold", cherry; 1 "Royalton", cherry; 1 "FlavorCrest", peach; 1 "O'Henry", peach.
-Ornamental trees/shrubs in Kid's Garden
1 "Autumn Gold", gingko biloba; 1 "Nicholsonii", Japanese maple; 1 "Blue Atlas", weeping cedar (not shown); 1 "Primrose", lilac; 1 common lilac.
-"Possible" hedge along drive ( I feel a little mean about planting something that will definitely spread to the other side of the fence, but I also want some privacy)
2 "Adelaide Dunbar", lilacs; 2 "Mme Lemoine", lilacs; 2 "Charles Joly", lilacs; 2 "President Grevy", lilacs.

2 comments:

jake said...

beautiful set of plans! thanks for the idea. I should really organize my ideas too. i was going to ask where the veggies will go and realized i could click the images! awesome! I wish I had the space you have! Great ideas and plans :) Im a fan of your site!

sarah said...

Thank you! Gardening will be one of the most fun projects we get to tackle. I did have to re-think the plans for a smaller lot once we entered escrow for the 28th St house. Every lot has its quirks and needs a different approach. Once we actually take possession of the house, I'll be sure to post the new garden plan. Just a preview, the children's garden had to go due to space constraints. There is a large gazebo off the patio, I'm going to turn this space into my Asian-themed garden. I'm also thinking of putting in a 2nd smaller patio next to the front porch, complete with arbor and grapevines.